Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Latest update as of today 15Jul21

Support called me last week, FRI  09Jul21 and I reminded them that it's not a DC charging issue, it's a TB3 issue. I also reminded them that it won't even switch on when TB3 is connected. They asked me for details of my work HP EliteBook that works perfectly, so I sent them the details on the same day, have heard nothing back since. Just to also say, I use my work HP laptop at least 8 hours a day, five days a week and it runs perfectly

Since the Spectre was working out of the box, should I now say it's not fit for purpose and insist on a replacement?

As I said in a previous post, it's a relatively top-end expensive laptop and these issues have spoiled any enjoyment I might have had? Even now, after 3 hours use, I'm down to 30% (now 28%) which totally restricts me working on the thing

I'm now half thinking to wait until windows 11 is released and that might sort it however what if it doesn't?

HP Recommended

Sorry pal, Windows 11 is unlikely to fix the problem, because it's clearly a BIOS problem and not on the OS level. 

You can easily test for this by restarting your computer and then going into the BIOS settings - you will experience the same issue even though Windows isn't even loaded.

😞

HP Recommended

Good luck with that!

They're the most stubborn technical support centre I have ever been in touch! 😞
It's since January I try to make them understand that the device isn't anymore compliant to the original purpose (and tech specs).
I sent them videos with 3 different HP pcs where the monitor works and with 4 different Thunderbolt cables but, after six months and a half, I'm still here. Last week they pretended even to get offended because I wasn't answering them for one week... As if they never disappeared for many weeks, as if I'm not just one single customer that can be few days on holiday and they're not a company with thousands of employees not able to solve an issue and lacking total knowledge of how thunderbolt works! They don't understand neither the difference between TB3 and a "normal" type c connector...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.