Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6-6135dx
Not a lot of juice spilled but apparently enough to hurt my laptop. It spilled on the top right corner of the keyboard and I immediately wiped it all up and the laptop seemed to be fine. I turned it off and when I came back to use it, it would not turn on. It also made a sizzling noise on the top right side. Help!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The sizzling sound was likely the sound of your motherboard shorting out (dying). The juice probably gradually seeped down inside and when you applied power again- zap.

For what it is worth now-any time liquid is spilled on a laptop it should immediately be powered off, battery & power cord removed and the laptop placed upside down for at least 24 hrs to drain any tiny bit of liquid.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The sizzling sound was likely the sound of your motherboard shorting out (dying). The juice probably gradually seeped down inside and when you applied power again- zap.

For what it is worth now-any time liquid is spilled on a laptop it should immediately be powered off, battery & power cord removed and the laptop placed upside down for at least 24 hrs to drain any tiny bit of liquid.

HP Recommended
Okay so if the motherboard died, then there's no fixing the laptop without replacing it right? Also how much do motherboards cost, do you know?
HP Recommended

If you could even find the right motherboard it would probably cost as much to purchase & have someone install it as buying a new laptop. Other motherboards may work-but your Windows would deactivate when started up on new board. IF the license key on label underneath is still legible you "might" be able to use it to re-activate Windows on a new board.

HP Recommended

While searching for a motherboard I came across the same laptop for less than $300:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0058UPCFA/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all

HP Recommended
Ok thank you
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.