Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
11-r001ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My laptop was completely normal until i ran of space so i went to settings and tried to reset everything by cleaning my laptop completely ,it was going fine until the laptop told me to connect somthing so i connected my External harddrive and after that it all went wrong .Now the laptop starts then comes HP logo then it disappears and then the screen shuts down and then it continues again. i cant even take my battery out Help me please......
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Faisal-FW,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue. Don't worry as I have a few other steps which should help you resolve this issue.

Answering to your question, regarding deleting the older files might have caused the issue? No, system restore will not effect the PC. 

Did you know, by disabling the hibernation you could gain a lot of extra space on your PC?

Follow the below steps to resolve Low Disk Space issues by disabling the hibernation option: 
Run the Disk Cleanup tool, and then at the bottom of the window that pops up, click on "Clean up system files". Check everything, hit OK, and let it run. You will free up several GB for sure. 

• Another thing to do is disable hibernate file. Run CMD as Administrator, and type the following: 

• powercfg hibernate off 

• Enjoy your extra space! 

For a related link on HP Forums: Click here (Though the header/title may be different, the steps will help resolve your concern). 

Resolving Low Disk Space Errors: Click here

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts,  

mark my post as Accepted Solution. 

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment. 

Regards, 

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Faisal-FW,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues with your computer does not boot into Windows anymore. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?

Have you tried to boot the computer into Bios and check if it stays on or does it shuts down?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data. Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to boot the computer to the Bios either using Esc key or using F10 key.

Boot the computer into the Bios screen and check if the screen flickers.

1. Turn off your computer
2. Make sure you have connected the power cable
3. Turn on your notebook, as it is starting press the  F10 button repeatedly

4. Stay on the Bios screen for sometime and check if the PC stays ON or does it shuts down. If the PC shuts down in the Bios, Which is outside of Windows, then it's clearly a hardware failure. I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for further assistance.

If the PC stays fine on the Bios, then it could be a software or driver issue. I would suggest you to run an extensive system test as well as extensive test on the hard drive from F2 (Please capture the failure ID for further assistance).

For more assistance, please follow all the steps suggested in the support document for - HP PCs - The Computer Restarts Unexpectedly (Windows 10, 😎

Please respond to this post with the results of the troubleshooting for further assistance.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I did everything but still no use however as i had no restore point for my Windows (i deleted my older version) can this he the problem?.
HP Recommended
@Jeet_singh
HP Recommended

Hi @Faisal-FW,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue. Don't worry as I have a few other steps which should help you resolve this issue.

Answering to your question, regarding deleting the older files might have caused the issue? No, system restore will not effect the PC. 

Did you know, by disabling the hibernation you could gain a lot of extra space on your PC?

Follow the below steps to resolve Low Disk Space issues by disabling the hibernation option: 
Run the Disk Cleanup tool, and then at the bottom of the window that pops up, click on "Clean up system files". Check everything, hit OK, and let it run. You will free up several GB for sure. 

• Another thing to do is disable hibernate file. Run CMD as Administrator, and type the following: 

• powercfg hibernate off 

• Enjoy your extra space! 

For a related link on HP Forums: Click here (Though the header/title may be different, the steps will help resolve your concern). 

Resolving Low Disk Space Errors: Click here

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts,  

mark my post as Accepted Solution. 

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment. 

Regards, 

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.