07-17-2019 03:01 PM
Started a restore back to a date. Pushed enter. And still stuck on restor windows. Wont stop. Can turn off.
07-20-2019 11:01 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I recommend you press and hold the power button to hard shut down the computer and then wait for a minute and then restart the computer and check.
If you continue facing, follow the below steps.
- Turn off the computer.
- Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
- Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices, such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
- Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
- Remove the battery from the battery compartment.
- Press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.
- Put the battery back into its compartment and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
- Press the Power button to turn on the computer.
- On the Options screen, select Continue to open Windows 10.
- If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter.
- Reconnect each of the peripheral devices.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
I am an HP Employee