Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Stream 11
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My wifes Stream 11 was running very slow and erratic so I decided to to a fresh install of windows 10. Initially I was just going to do it from within W10 with a delete all personal files ect but the systme locked up and would not load . So I downloaded an ISO and wiped the machine.

After it was up and running went to HP and downloaded all the S/W and update packages, and even let windows updtae it self a few times. That being said I still ahve no trackpad. The machine initially came with 8/8.1 I dont recall but after it was returned to me agter a warranty fix I upgraded it to 10. I ran into thus same issue about a year and half ago when 10 was new and was able to fix it but for the life of me I cant now.

I even tried going to synaptics and loading a general driver but the the track pad doesnt even show in Windows device manager. 

I have to say im pretty dissapointed in HP obver this   2 years into a Windows 10 update and this is still an issue  witghout some long drawn out fix. I even debated going back to windows 8 but spending 50$ on the recovery s/w fpor what is an essentially an $80 machine doesnt seem worth it considering I KNOW there is a fix somewherre

Anyhelp woiuld be appriciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Reinstall the Intel Serial IO chipset driver if you have not already although there have been reports that the new Windows 10 Creators update 1703 have broken this driver on the Stream notebooks which may be the issue you are facing. 

Microsoft still does have the Windows 10 Anniversary 1607 ISO file available that you could try a fresh install with although you may need a Linux computer or some download manager software to get it from: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Reinstall the Intel Serial IO chipset driver if you have not already although there have been reports that the new Windows 10 Creators update 1703 have broken this driver on the Stream notebooks which may be the issue you are facing. 

Microsoft still does have the Windows 10 Anniversary 1607 ISO file available that you could try a fresh install with although you may need a Linux computer or some download manager software to get it from: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

HP Recommended
After getting pretty pissed by the whole thing I did find this and it worked. Pert of the issue was trying not to download all the updates to the machine as there is almost zero HD space left after the installl I was downloading to a portable HD from another machine and missed it.

This is the fix.

Thanks
HP Recommended

Thank you so much!  After months of not being able to get it to work, and countless attempts to contact HP, it has finally worked agian!  🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.