Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-n225se Notebook

Hello Forum Members,

My notebook is suffering from a strange reoccuring virus  (at least I think its a virus). Which makes the machine very difficult to use and totally unpredicable.

The symtoms of the virus are difficult to define making it very difficult to search for a solutions.

The computer is very slow to open up.

It does not allow you to make an entry into the brower ,  if you try an entry, it just puts in a broken lines e.g ------------------------------------------------------------

When you try to shut down more broken lines and you need to do a hard exist to shut down.

You can not type into a new document because you get more broken lines --------------------------------

The curser has changed to a round pulsing donut.

The email software is  very slow to open, once opened as soon as you click on recent incoming emails,  they just disappear only to return latter.

The machine just keeps sounding  bing, bing, bing.

This is now the third time this virus has appeard. I usually download CC Cleaner and it appears to go away.

Today I tried it again and it did not work. I am beginning to think that maybe CC cleaner is not dealing with the root cause of this problem

The machine has Bit Defender.. after a full scan it identies No issues.

Has anyone experience this or have a solution for it?

Does it have a searchable name ?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If Bitdefender isn't finding any malware I would check for system corruption with sfc /scannow.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/929833

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

If Bitdefender isn't finding any malware I would check for system corruption with sfc /scannow.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/929833

HP Recommended

I ran the check  looking for any system corruption with sfc /scannow. It can back negative.

The weird virus has since disappeared but it will be back. So not sure what my next move should be?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.