Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15z-cw100 CTO
Microsoft Windows 11

My laptop has now been stuck on HP BIOS Update at 55% for over a week. I called HP Support and they told me to keep the power connected so that is what I have done. They said they would contact me again but have not done so, therefore I am asking here. I have tried clicking and holding the power button for various intervals with and without the power connected as instructed by an HP support assistant. I have given up on getting the computer to work again. Now I would just like to recover the hard drive. Any ideas? Also, what is the worst that could happen if I disconnect the power and let the battery run out? It seems that's my only hope for a change in the status quo. Thank you for any help you can offer. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Arthur74 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.

(1) Power off computer

(2Disconnect charger

(3Press and hold <power> button for 30 seconds

(4Connect charger

(5) Follow the HP standard procedure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpiGUojtr3E

(6) Please report your results

In this video, you will see how to restore the BIOS on your HP computer. Many HP computers allow you to recover the last known working version of the BIOS from the hard drive in case of an issue. Follow the simple steps in this video to restore your BIOS with ease. Chapters: 00:00 Introduction ...
HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick response. The problem is that I cannot power off the computer as you suggest in step one. There is no reaction when I press the power button for any amount of time. Therefore, I think my only way to turn it off is to let the battery run out. 

HP Recommended

@Arthur74 wrote:

Thank you for the quick response. The problem is that I cannot power off the computer as you suggest in step one. There is no reaction when I press the power button for any amount of time. Therefore, I think my only way to turn it off is to let the battery run out

Hello @Arthur74

Well, then please wait...

Keep me updated

Kind regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.