Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Hello all,

Just recently bought a HP Spectre x30, and very pleased with it.

However, there is something ANNOYING going on and I can't seem to fix it without using the system recovery option. It works, but doing this on a daily basis is just not doable. 

There is something I do with the touchpad, or something wrong with the touchpad and I think it is very easy to fix but I can't detect the exact definition of the problem.

When the system is recovered, the touchpad works fine. With the left click I am able to select a piece of text, and with the right click I am able to use the dropdown menu and options such as copy and paste.

However, when I accidentely do something, I think something like double click with the left click on the pad, something happens and the options I just described dont work anymore.

Instead: a scroll lock or something similar happens. The only thing that I can do with the left click and the right click is scroll through a page. The icon looks like this: https://thumb9.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/4230679/520422082/stock-vector-scroll-icon-520...

I have no idea how to shut this off and it is very anoying since I use my laptop daily for my study and need to  be able to select text and copy it. 

Please help me, I am so happy with my laptop but this is just veryyy unpractical!!

Thank you!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I just wanted to say that I have solved this problem by installing a new driver for the touchpad via the HP website.

My laptop was very cheap and I later found out that it did not have WIndows 10 installed on it, my laptop is probably one of the older HP x360 models, I guess this has to do with the low price. Appearently some drivers needed to be updated. Works perfectly now - except for the very low volume when watching movies but I don't think that's driver-related.

Hope this helps someone out there!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I just read in the manual that the dropdown menu is accesible by tapping the touchpad with two fingers. However, the selecting option is still not availlable. And what exactly is the function of CLICKING the touchpad -  so not tapping, but pressing it?

HP Recommended

I just wanted to say that I have solved this problem by installing a new driver for the touchpad via the HP website.

My laptop was very cheap and I later found out that it did not have WIndows 10 installed on it, my laptop is probably one of the older HP x360 models, I guess this has to do with the low price. Appearently some drivers needed to be updated. Works perfectly now - except for the very low volume when watching movies but I don't think that's driver-related.

Hope this helps someone out there!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.