Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Zbook 17 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! Every time I login or turn on my computer, the following error message appears in HP Sure Run: "A possible security threat to the registry for HP Sure Run was detected. Restoration succeeded."

Then, a minute later: "HP Sure Run is running in lowered compliance state because Windows Update may be running."

But, Windows Update is not running (and it's up to date), and I am not sure what the issue with the registry is.

After this, I don't notice any issues with the computer, and the Sure Run icon is green and says "PC is compliant."

It has happened consistently for the past several days, every time I turn it on. I've done a basic registry check, but I am no expert and not sure what is happening here. Does anyone know what is going on and if I should be concerned?

Thank you, anything helpful!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello! I also have this problem but can find no reference to it other than this topic. I'm not sure if it's related or not, but my fingerprint scanner was giving me issues, so I deleted all of the current settings and re-registered my fingerprints. Shortly after that, I started receiving a similar message as yours in my HP Client Security notifications, but mine says it's a security threat to Auto-Login.  My suspicion is that the Windows settings are not playing well with the BIOS settings, but I have no way to determine if that is true and/or how to fix it. Did you ever find a solution, or do I need to create a support ticket with HP?

HP Recommended

I have a ticket open but have not heard much back from HP on this, other than an occasional phone call or email asking if I am still having this problem. Please, if you do create a ticket and hear anything back, let me know. It is super annoying to get those 4 messages every time I turn on the machine!

HP Recommended

I get the same error notification with my HP ZBook 15, though I don't get any 'lowered compliance state' message. I did briefly enable, then disable, face recognition, but I'm fairly sure I was seeing the notification before that.

Nice to know that the problem is recoverable, but it's annoying to keep seeing the message, and I don't want to disable notifications just to get rid of it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.