Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP G60 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Recently, for the first time, I've had the problem "System Service Exception", where the computer stops & re-starts itself.

Can somebody explain this problem & tell me what to do about it?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @BobRV,

Thank you for posting on HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I see from the post that you are having an issue with System service exception on a blue screen on your HP notebook. Don't worry as I have a few steps which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you provide me with the Product number of the PC? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...)

Is there any error code?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data. Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, the keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.

Run a System diagnostics test as well as an extensive test on the Hard drive and Memory from F2 (Please capture the failure ID for further assistance).

Depending on the test results, If the test passes, I would suggest you try these steps here:

1. Download and install updates and device drivers for your computer from Windows Update.

2. Scan your computer for viruses.

3. Run the System File Checker Tool

In Search type cmd or command prompt.

Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator. If asked to enter an administrator password, do it.

When the command prompt window appears, type the following command to run the System File Checking tool:  sfc /scannow

For more assistance, please follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Product name: HP 15-g060ca Notebook PC

Product number: K7T96UA#ABL

No error messages other than "System Service Exception".

All Updates - Windows & HP - are set to come in automatically, so I'm fully up-to-date.

I've tried all HP Support Assistant troubleshooters.

All else in your reply is too complicated. I haven't had the problem for awhile, so I'll wait & see if it recurs.

HP Recommended

Hi @BobRV,

Thank you for the replying,

Please keep your computer under observation and check how it performs. 

If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us again.

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well its June 6 & the problem is recurring. Please give me something simple to try.

HP Recommended

Its June 14 & the problem recurs. Nothing simple to try?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.