Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Chromebook 11-v031nr
Chrome OS

So just bought this laptop yesterday everything was working just fine. But I didn't try to watch Netflix or anything or use the hdmi to watch it on my tv. Well, when I just tried to do that I run into several issuse. Everything was showing up on my tv screen just fine until I tried to play an episode. I could hear the audio just fine and I saw the subtitles but nothing else, the screen was black. But when I unplugged the hdmi cord, everything was fine. Then the Chrome OS popped up in my notifications saying it needed an update. So did that hoping it would fix my problem. Then when I tried launching Netflix again, it wouldn't work and error codes kept popping up on the screen. So I looked up the error codes, followed the instructions until I got the last one, which told me to contact my device manufacturer to have them help me upgrade to the latest firmware. I even tried uninstalling the app and reinstalled it, and  the errors still popped up. Now when I tried the Virtual Agent thing for HP Support I got bloody nowhere. Can someone help me please? I don't know what to do.......

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Gothika2169

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues playing Netflix on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

What is the exact error you are getting?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Type chrome://settings into the Google Chrome address bar, then press Enter.
  2. Scroll down and select Advanced.
  3. Scroll down to the Reset section and select Reset.
  4. Select Reset to confirm.
  5. Try Netflix again.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So apparently the Netflix app and other streaming apps are not made for Chromebooks, therefore you can't watch them unless you use the web browsers.

HP Recommended

@Gothika2169

Yes, the streaming apps work best with the browser on the Chromebooks.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.