12-15-2019 01:57 PM
My computer keeps saying restoration incomplete..and system cannot find the drive specified..I've turned it off took the battery out and tried to end the tasks but all it does is goes right back to restoration incomplete.
12-18-2019 08:35 AM - edited 12-18-2019 08:45 AM
@Tammy79 Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that you are getting a system that cannot find the Hard drive message.
Please provide the product number.
When was it working before?
Have you made any changes to the computer?
In the meantime, please performs the following steps and let us know the result.
1) Shutdown the computer.
2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected.
3) Remove the Battery. ( not for Built-in Battery computer )
4) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.
5) Plug-in the Adapter and put the Battery back into the computer if it's a (removable battery)
6) Try to turn on the computer and check, If the issue persists continue next step
Press the Windows key and then followed by the key "B" this time and then the power button for around 3-4 seconds, then release the power button and continue to hold windows+B for 3-4 seconds more.
Also, perform the hard drive component test and check.
1. Power off the PC and make sure that it is completely powered off.
2. Press the power button and the moment you press the power button immediately start tapping the F2 key, you should see the system diagnostics screen.
3. Look for the component test, under that all the hardware will be listed, please choose Hard drive and initiate the quick test.
Note: If it fails it will generate a 24 digits alphanumeric failure id, please capture that.
let me know how that pans out,
And the answer to the above question will help me, help you!
Keep me posted, and if any of the above questionnaires helped resolve the issue,
Mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".