Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ZBook 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hye...
I have Zbook 15 core 17 gen 4th with windows 10 installed on it. I want to install windows on it but whenever I enable the secure boot option system doesn't boot from any option please guide me.Screenshot 2021-06-26 094951.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Install Windows in EFI mode, and then after it has installed, you can enable secure boot.

To do that, boot from one of the EFI devices listed when you select the F9 boot options menu (either the EFI USB flash drive or EFI DVD).

If W10 is installed in legacy mode, you can't enable secure boot, or the PC will not boot up.

The other issue is that W11 is indicating that Intel notebooks have to have an 8th gen core processor in order to run W11.

Windows 11 requirements - What's new in Windows | Microsoft Docs

List of supported Intel processors for W11...

Windows Processor Requirements Windows 11 Supported Intel Processors | Microsoft Docs

It may be too early to be worried about this. 

No doubt some changes in requirements will come between now and the projected release date of late November - December 2021.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.