Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion dv7
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Please can someone reply.

I bought System Recovery DVD's together with my computer but those DVD's never worked. It's very unfortunate.  Can someone help me out by telling how to make them work. Nevertheless, I just realised that in the Info-notepad that is inside the DVD I have these:

Date: 2011-04-06
Server: 1.13.9.6 RC
Satellite: 1.13.9.3 RC
Image: 648941-001 Rev 8
OpCode: ABA

While on the outside of the pack I have 658854-001. You can notice that the image numbers are different. Could it be that there was a mistake right from beginning by HP? Please help out.

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hello
We should know a little more
the portable model?
When were these DVDs purchased and why?
If it was a pc under windows 7, it was not necessary to buy them?
Currently why have you tried to reinstall the pc?
pemier n ° does not give a lot of results with google
but the second one finds for example:
Windows 7 64B Recovery Kit 658854-001 For HP Pavilion Quad Edition Entertainment Notebook PC Model Number dv7t-6100
I may not have understood correctly, on the DVD what is it written?
And what happens when you want to reinstall the computer?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended
Pavillion dv7t-6100
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Product number: LM726AV
though it originally arrived with Product number: LM414AV. It was having problems after one month and I was studying in Europe so HP repaired it and the product number changed. By the my PC was bought directly from HP. It is a customized laptop and while I was customizing it I was asked and recommended by HP to buy recovery disks, so I had to buy them together with the laptop. They arrived in the same pack.

My computer came with windows 7 and I was lured by Microsoft to upgrade and that was my biggest mistake in the sense that most features stopped working e.g. fingerprint sensor and some features on the windows 10 were not available. I tried to get the recovery software for my laptop, but unable to do that. I was told that my windows version has been deleted. I wanted my version back because it is preferable. So this is my story.

HP Recommended

The n ° products indicate the same model, strange that it is changed, possible that it is an important element of the pc which has been replaced, or the complete laptop!
But all this does not tell me what happens if you try to reinstall with the DVDs?

"It is a customized laptop and while I was customizing  "

yes but that is what has been modified

Performing an HP System Recovery

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-dv7-6100-quad-edition-entertainment-notebook-pc-ser...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks for your eager concern. I just wish you will solve my quest of four years. Now you can refer to my post on Need Windows 7 ISO posted on 21 December 2019. I accepted the solution given by Cheryl. My problem is that I don't have Recovery manger with that method. Again I was being continuously asked to change my product key. Anyway this seemed to have been solved after I repeated entered my product key.

Nevertheless, that prompted for the umpteenth time my desire to use (for crying out loud) the discs I bought from HP. Now this is what happens with the disc.

Since I don't have Recovery manger and the computer recognizes the disc only as ordinary discs but not recovery discs, I had to go to Control panel then click on Advanced recovery methods and then reinstall windows using discs. I followed the instructions until I am prompted to insert the disc. When I inset the first disc it states: No valid windows installation disc can be detected.

So this is my story. HELP! 

HP Recommended

sorry for the machine translation i don't understand everything
But it seems that you are not using the right method, if however these are the dvd recovery corresponding to this pc ..
And difficult to go further if we do not answer the questions!
I invite you to re-read the links given correctly!
I had to go to Control panel then click on Advanced recovery methods and then reinstall windows using discs.
The error message is normal, because it is not the dvd recovery that is requested here!

Normally, you just have to turn off the pc, and restart with the installation DVD n ° 1
the process must start!
If the pc does not restart with this dvd, either it is not the right one, or it is necessary to configure the pc so that it starts from a disc!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

I have also turned off the computer and restarted with the DVD and the DVD was treated just like a normal DVD. I mean the computer proceeded normally and started as if no recovery disc is inserted. Now maybe you have to tell me how to configure the pc so that it can start with the DVD. Thanks. Now you see my plight! If this doesn't work I guess I have to conclude that I have been fooled by HP company.

HP Recommended

once again, did you take the time to reread the documents and follow what is indicated?
If you followed the procedure it should work:
I don't like to do this, because everything is already clearly explained in the link, but therefore:

Recovery from recovery discs

Perform the following steps to recover the computer using a set of recovery discs (either CDs or DVDs). These discs can be a set that was received from HP Support or discs that you created.
note:
HP does not include recovery discs in the box its personal computers as the recovery software comes on the hard drive. You can obtain recovery discs from HP Support, or use Recovery Manager software to create a set of recovery discs yourself. HP recommends creating a set of recovery discs when you receive your computer and storing them in a safe place. Support Sent Recovery Discs can take as long as 4 to 6 hours to complete system recovery, but recovery discs that you create often take less time to complete system recovery. For more information about creating a set of recovery discs, see Creating Recovery Discs or Saving a Recovery Image to a USB Flash Drive in Windows 7.
  1. Turn on the computer, and then insert the first recovery disc into the drive.
  2. Press and hold the power button to turn off the computer.
  3. Disconnect all peripheral devices, except for the monitor, keyboard, mouse, and power cord. Remove media from internal drives, and then remove any recently added internal hardware.
  4. Turn on the computer.
  5. Immediately press the Escape key repeatedly, about once every second, until a Startup Menu or Select boot device menu opens.
  6. The selections you need to make vary slightly depending on the type of menu that displays on your screen:
    • If a Select Boot Device menu displays, use the up or down arrow key to select the CD/DVD drive, and then press Enter to continue.
    • If a Startup Menu opens, press F9 to open "Boot Menu" or "Boot Device Options". Use the up or down arrow key to select the CD/DVD drive. Then press Enter.
      note:
      More than one CD/DVD drive selection might be available from the list of bootable devices. If so, select one of the CD/DVD selections from the list to see if HP Recovery starts. If recovery does not start or a non-system disk error displays, restart the computer by pressing the power button and then repeat these steps to select another CD/DVD drive. When recovery starts, continue using the steps to complete recovery.
  7. A window might display and prompt you to choose whether to run Recovery Manager from the hard disk or from the disc inserted. If this window displays, select the Run program from disc, and then click Next.
  8. Select an option based on the type of recovery discs you have:

• Recovery discs received from HP support:
      Select one of the following selections, depending on which selection is shown on your screen, and then click Next.
      • Factory Reset - Reset the computer by erasing the entire drive and restoring to the factory setup
      • Reset the computer by erasing the entire drive and restoring to the factory setup

• When System Recovery prompts you to back up your files, select a backup option:
    • If you have already backed up personal files or you do not want to back up personal files, select Recover without backing up your files, and then click Next. Continue to the next step.
    •  
    • If you want to back up your personal files, follow these steps to create a backup.
  • Click OK in the warning that displays.
  • Read and respond to the screens as they display. If a screen prompts for a disc, insert the next disc. In some cases, you might have to repeatedly insert the same disc several times before the screen allows you to continue.
  • After system recovery is complete, remove the disc. If the tray does not eject the disc, press the eject button on the PC case to eject the disc.
  • If you are presented with a “Restoration complete” screen, click Finish.
    If you are presented with a “File copy is complete” screen, click Next.
  • Depending on which model of computer you have, the computer either turns off or restarts. If the computer shuts off, wait 5 seconds and turn on the computer.
    note:
    If you are using Support Sent Recovery discs sent from HP, it can take more than an hour to complete the recovery process. Do not interrupt the recovery process. The recovery process is complete when the Windows Setup screens appear.
  • Complete Windows setup when the screens appear.
  • Once Windows setup has been completed, turn off the computer, reconnect all devices and cables, and then turn on the computer.
  • Before using the computer, update and protect your computer. Reinstall any virus and security software that was installed before the system recovery.
  • Reinstall any software programs that were added after purchasing the computer, as well as any files that were backed up.

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Thanks for your concern. I have an important meeting now and I will try what you said immediately I am back. I f it doesn't work THEN I HAVE BEEN FOOLED BY HP.

This confirms it:

"These discs can be a set that was received from HP Support or discs that you created.
note:
HP does not include recovery discs in the box its personal computers as the recovery software comes on the hard drive. You can obtain recovery discs from HP Support, or use Recovery Manager software to create a set of recovery discs yourself. HP recommends creating a set of recovery discs when you
receive your computer and storing them in a safe place. 

"I have evidences of the original discs bought form HP, the receipt and the discussion where I was prompted to add the discs as accessory. I can gladly upload them if the need arises. Anyway, that is life. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Well, this follows my earlier reply. I have tried just like I told you but no positive result. I even took a picture of the screen which states:

Error

This computer is not supported by the System Recovery Media.

You will not be able to continue to recover this system with these Media.

Error:

0130 - ABZ - ABA

Of course I don't know what the error states, all I know is that unfortunately I have to deal with my being conned, if I could say that. Nevertheless, thanks for your effort. At least you had the kindness to pick up my case

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.