Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-DB1000-na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought official recovery USB drive from HP for my laptop, but when I run it, it just comes up with this error

This computer is not supported by the System Recovery Media
You will not be able to continue to recover this system with these

Error:
    0100 - 85EA - 863A,863B,863C,863D,8638,8639
    0122 - 0 - 1

I had changed the Hard drive (replaced it with an SSD) and added RAM, and thought that might have caused a mismatch between the system, and what the media was looking for, so I changed them back to the original  but the error still occurs.

I think it might have something to do with the fact the recovery partition doesn't exist on the system anymore, but I can't seem to find a way to get it back on there.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MJ1973 

HP recovery media is used to restore the ORIGINAL state of the PC, and that expects the drive to be nearly the same capacity or larger.  If your SSD is a lot smaller than the original drive, it probably will not work -- which would explain you getting errors.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.