cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

System recovery error 0122 - 0 - 1 This computer is not supported by the System recovery media

HP Recommended
HP 15-DB1000-na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought official recovery USB drive from HP for my laptop, but when I run it, it just comes up with this error

This computer is not supported by the System Recovery Media
You will not be able to continue to recover this system with these

Error:
    0100 - 85EA - 863A,863B,863C,863D,8638,8639
    0122 - 0 - 1

I had changed the Hard drive (replaced it with an SSD) and added RAM, and thought that might have caused a mismatch between the system, and what the media was looking for, so I changed them back to the original  but the error still occurs.

I think it might have something to do with the fact the recovery partition doesn't exist on the system anymore, but I can't seem to find a way to get it back on there.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Level 16
Level 16
28,332 28,252 2,586 6,201
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MJ1973 

HP recovery media is used to restore the ORIGINAL state of the PC, and that expects the drive to be nearly the same capacity or larger.  If your SSD is a lot smaller than the original drive, it probably will not work -- which would explain you getting errors.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation