Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to hear from users that have successfully re-installed win10  OS from the recovery dvds.

I have a HP Notebook computer and have made the dvd recovery disks

Should my system go down I would like to rebuild it in the shortest time.

Thanks for the feedback.

Grigorich

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Grigorich I havent had any luck making the Recovery Disk! It made me waste a few disk before I finally contacted HP support. Im dissapointed that Im having to pay over $40 something dollars so they can send me Recovery Disk. I personally feel they should give it to me free since it's there notebook thats not working correctly and I have had this computer for about 2 weeks now. I can honestly remember "NOW" why I stopped buying HP computers  😞

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Grigorich I havent had any luck making the Recovery Disk! It made me waste a few disk before I finally contacted HP support. Im dissapointed that Im having to pay over $40 something dollars so they can send me Recovery Disk. I personally feel they should give it to me free since it's there notebook thats not working correctly and I have had this computer for about 2 weeks now. I can honestly remember "NOW" why I stopped buying HP computers  😞

HP Recommended

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me.

G

HP Recommended

OK, after you create the system recovery disc, you can recovery system like this: HP system recovery

• Turn off your computer, disconnect all connected devices and cables except for monitor, keyboard, mouse and power supply.
  • Turn on your computer, click “Start”>”All Program”>”Recovery Manager”, and click “Recovery Manager” again.
  • Select “System Recovery” under “I need help immediately” on HP Recovery Manager window.
  • Then follow the instructions to do your system recovery.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

But can you boot from these dvds?

What if the hard disk crashed and system does not come up.

That is the main question.

G

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.