Provost Provost
Provost
16091 16035 1490 3563
Message 11 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

System repair disc

The Microsoft Media Creation Tool provides you the option of downloading an ISO file or creating either a bootable USB stick or a bootable DVD.  You don't need to use any additional programs if you choose the 2nd or 3rd option.

The repair is only for the boot loader, it will not do a restore of Windows.

Once Windows is up and running again, you would be able to do a restore, but this tool is not for that.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
wael2016 Tutor
Tutor
12 10 0 0
Message 12 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

System repair disc

Thanks again. I have only one problem which is downloading the file (Download Bootable_NoEmulatio.img) as it is not existing. 

Actually I created the DVD and tried it at home but nothing pop up saying "windows repair" so I'm afraid I created wrong not as required.

please note my DVD is new and it is 4GB (DVD-R)

Thanks again for your help

0 Kudos
wael2016 Tutor
Tutor
12 10 0 0
Message 13 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

System repair disc

Thanks again. I have only one problem which is downloading the file (Download Bootable_NoEmulatio.img) as it is not existing. 

Actually I created the DVD and tried it at home but nothing pop up saying "windows repair" so I'm afraid I created wrong not as required.

0 Kudos
wael2016 Tutor
Tutor
12 10 0 0
Message 14 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

System repair disc

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation