Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15-ap012dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A Windows 10 update ran on my laptop today.  I subsequently got a notification about the  need for a TPM firmware update.  Per the info here - https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05792935 - I downloaded and ran the SP84226 executable.  After all the files were extracted, I went to the sp84226 folder under SWSetup and ran  08197F16.exe.  At that point, the HP BIOS Update & Recovery application ran.  I completed that and created a recovery USB as instructed by the application.    I also tried to find the PDF file mentioned on the support page I referenced earlier,  but there is no PDF file in the SP84226 folder.  Is this all that I'm supposed to do?  Isn't there supposed to be some kind of TPM update application or did the BIOS update application take care of everything?  I'm still getting a notification indicating that a TPM firmware update is needed.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Usually when you run a BIOS Sp it asks if you want to Update or create a USB recovery. I assume you are choosing to Update?

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

You downloaded the Sp for Spectre Pro x360 G2 which is a business class Spectre. Your model is listed farther down under consumer class laptops.

HP Spectrex360 Convertible PC (models 15-ap000-15ap099)
SLB9665 TPM 2.0 ver. 5.62.3126.0
SP84796

HP Recommended

Thank you for pointing me to the right line item.  However, I've downloaded and run sp84796.exe, and it doesn't extract any files to the C:\SWSETUP folder.  The only thing it does is run the BIOS Update and Recovery application. 

HP Recommended

Did it not update your TPM when you ran it?

HP Recommended

No, the notification indicating that the TPM firmware needs to be updated is still showing.  And here are the TPM specifications that show up under Device Security:

Capture.JPG

HP Recommended

Does anyone have any further suggestions?  I've reached a dead end.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

Usually when you run a BIOS Sp it asks if you want to Update or create a USB recovery. I assume you are choosing to Update?

HP Recommended

Someone's ears must have been burning - LOL!  :OpenSmile:   I was just finishing up the firmware update when your message came through.  It turns out that I wasn't noticing the Update option because my laptop wasn't plugged in and the option was greyed out.  Once I plugged in my laptop, I selected the Update option and the TPM firmware updated.  It looks like I'm good to go.  Thank you!

HP Recommended

Happy to hear you finally got it. I read your Replies over several times trying to figure out what I/you was missing when it dawned on me that you always said you created the usb. :LaughingTears:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.