Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here
Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here
I am noticing that whenever I open task manager the Task Manager process is using 15 - 20% of CPU, but then it quickly goes down to less then 1% CPU Usage.
Also my fans randomly speed up, and whenever I open task manager the CPU Usage of task manager goes down and the fans start to slow down, but when I close task manager the fans start back up again.
I am aware that this could be mining malware, but I don't know how to get rid of it as my scans from Norton and Malwarebytes are clean. I tried to use Kaspersky Rescue Disk, but it failed to boot.
Any help is very much appreciated.
@Bobcat9 Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that the Task Manager Shows High CPU Usage.
Please perform the below steps and check.
1) Select Start, and in the search box, enter Command Prompt. Press and hold (or right-click) Command Prompt (Desktop app) from the search results and select Run as administrator.
2) Enter DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (note the spaces before each "/").
3) Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/").
Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -
Step 1 Windows Updates -
1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.
2) Check for updates.
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.
Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant
Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community