Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

There is an issue with Trusted Platform Module (TPM) data.

Press [Y] - Reset whole TPM

Press [N] - Boot with current TPM data

Note: BitLocker may require the recovery key to boot to Windows

After the bios update i get this on my screen and when I choose N after that i am facing the issue " Something happened and your pin is not available click to set up your pin again " And when I click on set up pin again after few seconds it takes me to the same screen again

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. However, I managed to set up the Windows login PIN again. So Windows starts again. But the problem remains that every time you restart the PC, the window with the TPM login options immediately appears again. Also, after starting Windows, the Windows Security Center shows that TPM is not present.
I then performed a BIOS rollback. The PC then started normally again. However, the BIOS update was immediately carried out again the next time I rebooted and the previously existing problems reoccurred. Apparently the BIOS update is faulty. I haven't been able to contact official HP support yet; the telephone hotline is hopelessly overloaded.

HP Recommended

Addendum: Since the BIOS update, the TPM function is no longer available under the security settings in the BIOS.

HP Recommended

German telephone customer support solved the problem.
When the window appears at startup with the two options "Reset well TPM or Boot with current TPM-Data", then I had to press the letter "Z" on the German keyboard. On the English keyboard this will be the letter "Y". Just as it is displayed in the selection window. This causes the TPM module to be reset and then the computer works again without any problems.

HP Recommended

Hi everyone. I am a multi brand laptop store owner. The simple solution for this error is you only have to press Y on the screen to clear the tpm after that press F1 or fn+F1 key to proceed with that setting. after this restart your laptop and there you go. Your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

I entered Y and then pressed fn +f1 and the system restarted without the TPM error but then requires a new PIN and it won’t allow me to. Message says it is controlled by administrator 

HP Recommended

Same message here after an update, I could press N and change my PIN and windows is working fine but now I am scared to shut off the laptop and then get the same issue all over again when I reboot. (I ran a windows update troubleshooting, no idea if it fixed anything).
Was the update faulty and caused this problem?

HP Recommended

Hi, I'm in the UK but from Germany with German keyboard. I will definitely try this now! What annoying issue! Thanks.

HP Recommended

Purchased a new HP G series laptop online from a thits pert supplier on the MediaMarkt  site two months ago and everything has been working and running well.

After an update on Tuesday evening 24th October, that did not update.

It just showed a screen showing the blue box with the "Y" and "N" option.

I looked for answers to this problem from multiple sources and it said it was easily fixed by entering the bios and enabling TPM.

Next problem, TPM does not show in the bios.

Tried a reset, keeping personal files, but which deletes all apps and programs.

But as soon as I started the laptop again, the blue box remains with the "Y" and "N" options.

For now the laptop seems to work OK and updates correctly according to update log.

Not sure what to do next, but by pressing "N" each time, the laptop boots and works as normal.

Anyone out there have a solution to this, as it says it is a security feature.

But I feel confident that with a Sophos Home subscription, I am protected?

HP Recommended

The solution to the problem has already been posted here several times! Press Y or, on a QWERTY keyboard, press Z, then press F1.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.