Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY

Just out of curiosity I found a laptop on the ground it's locked so I looked the girl up on Facebook but she isn't responding and hasn't been in Facebook for several days but someone she is in a relationship with was in yesterday so I tried sending messages to both of them and have not received a response so my question is there a way to do a hard reset without a recovery key ID? I can't return it so I don't know what else to do with it....

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@J3llyb3ans 

My Opinion

Take the computer to the local police station and turn it in.

Afraid of the police?  Take the computer to a local Fire Station - ask for help.

Be truthful about what happened.

It is the "right thing to do".

What?

A "found" computer does not belong to you.

Resetting the computer and keeping it is the paramount to stealing the property from the rightful owner.

What starts out as a good idea - to return the property - can turn into theft if you keep property you know is not yours to keep.

As to Facebook...

You do not want to get involved with the personal bits of what strangers to - or do not do - on Facebook.

What / Why / How some behaves on Social Media is not a good indication of the situation in the real world.

Good Luck.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.