Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP zbook studio g5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

After updating the windows and all drivers through the hp support assistant, now I have the code 43 error of the UCM-UCSI ACPI device in the device manager, USB connector managers section. Shall I be concerned and does this affect stability of the system?

Kind Regards

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

I have developed the same issue since following the method you describe.

Additionally, as a result of this, when I plug my USB C to hdmi adapter in it says there is an Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed) and I'm no longer able to view the second monitor that I orignally had setup and working prior to those updates.

I've also tried this with a USB C to Display Port cable with the same result.

Do you have any issues when using your USB C port?

I have tried, uninstalling drivers, restarting the machine. Shutting down and starting up again without success.

Can anyone present a solution?

HP Recommended

so far i've just tried the usb-c to charge the stilus. i will check how it works with monitor and let you know. Prolly i will also try reinstalling the windows, to switch from home to pro. not many apps and settings installed so far, so wouldn't be a big deal.

HP Recommended

I've spoken with HP support and Pavina was exceptionally patient in resolving my issue.

She tried all the usual things like removing the drivers, updating them and checking the bios configuration all without success.  Finally, she downgraded to a previous version of the bios and whilst the USB C failed to downgrade itself at that point, the remaining bios downgraded successfully.  After that she re-installed the Bios upgrade package and it seemed to also updated the USB C too and overwrote whatever it was that hadn't worked correctly first time round.

As a result my system is fully operational now and I have all my monitors working with no errors in Device Manager.

I don't know if this will help you with your issue, but for mine it did the trick and I do wish you the best of luck.

Thank you very much Pavina at HP support.

HP Recommended

alright. so issue is solved with doing a clean install of win10 pro indeed.

HP Recommended

You are awesome. 

Re-flashing the latest version of the BIOS resolved the issue for me. 

HP Recommended

What I understood is KB451253 creates the issue. Windows Version -  1809  Version 17763.720. Please install 

http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4512578 this KB fixes this issue for 1809.

I work for HP. All opinions and comments are my own.

HP Recommended

I just encountered this error again on windows 1809 build 17763.737 so this does not seem to help

HP Recommended

A reboot helped, though...

HP Recommended

After I upgraded my EliteBook with HP support assistant, I also encountered the same situation. What is even worse is that I can't charge it. My power is only 41%. What should I do??

And "UCM-UCSI ACPI Device" driver keeps appearing and disappearing from the Device Manager over 1 minute after I de-active and active it...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.