Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I want to connect my phone through USB tethering it shows connected and when I open any browser and search for anything (ex: YouTube) it goes on loading and finally displays reload. It gets fixed and works only after restarting my laptop and it leads to the rise of a new issue, the fans get activated and do crazy small sounds, and again when restart all goes to normal, but sometimes it takes 3-4 restarts to make my laptop normal getting rid of all the above crazy stuff. The issues come back again by next time using the laptop and I have done the same procedure to get rid of that, I don't know what the problem is diagnostic tools and troubleshooters saying didn't find any issues.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Frosfrestig 

If you're having these problems ONLY when the phone is connected via USB, then clearly the phone is causing the issues -- and we can do nothing about that, as that is no an HP product.

The most likely cause is driver issues -- or more correctly -- LACK of driver, issues.  You need to contact your phone manufacturer and get their latest mobile driver for Windows.  HP does not provide such drivers, so you are on your own for that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.