Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Product: HP 2000  Notebook PC

Hi,

I have backed up my entire notebook and ready to factory reset but I am unable to achieve this. 

I have not been able to find the HP recovery manager on the computer nor a download available for it. I have held the F8 key during reboot but I only get a system restore point option, not a factory settings option. 

I unfortunately do not have any CD of Windows 7 ultimate

Not sure where to proceed and help is appreciated,

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

If the Recovery Partition is still intact, you may be able to launch this by shutting down the notebook, then tapping away at f11 as soon as you start the notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you post back with the full Model No. and Product No. of your 2000 series notebook - see Here for a guide on locating this information.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

HP 2000-2b20CA

C2N29UA

HP Recommended

Hi,

Looking at the Specification Page for your notebook, it's listed as coming with Windows 8.

Do you have a Product Key for Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and just require an installation disc?

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

This is a notebook a friend gave to me as it had no more warranty on it so Im not certain if it originally had Windows 8 or not but I do know they did not have any disk or anything so I offered to see if I could factory reset it but I did not think I would run into any reset problems with the startup reset.

Is there anywhere on the laptop that I can find if it has a W8 or W7 product key ? 

HP Recommended

Hi,

The notebook definitely came with Windows 8 64bit which is why you won't see a COA Label - the Product Key  for machines that shipped with Windows 8 is stored ( encrypted ) on the bios chip and is automaticallyread when using Windows 8 oem installation media.

You can order a replacement set of this media from the 'Order Recovery Media' option on your notebooks Product Page.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Is there another way to bring it back to windows 8 from home besides ordering a product? I would be ok to recover it back to windows 8

HP Recommended

Hi,

If the Recovery Partition is still intact, you may be able to launch this by shutting down the notebook, then tapping away at f11 as soon as you start the notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
Hello I pressed the f11 on the restart screen and now it's been staying black for at least 10 minutes.
HP Recommended

Okay in my case it didn't work after Microsoft forced Windows 10 . The DVD stop reading DVDs but all it play is audio CDs. And all the pre-installed software like CyberLink I'll stop working. I don't see Windows 10 as the operating system I see it as a virus.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.