Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envyx360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I’m unable to boot my laptop. Initially I think battery drained off and then we e tried everything including  holding down the mute and power button and the Windows and letter B keys...

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Holding the buttons together might not be the problem here. If the battery drained and I guess the CMOS did too. It might have reset the BIOS settings. If your laptop has legacy support or UEFI options in the BIOS settings, try enabling them.

In my older laptop, the legacy support would get unchecked/disabled due to which I couldnt boot via the hard drive/SSD. Try enabling or disabling that to make it work.

Regards,
M. Muneeb Khan
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.