Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
spectre x13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Out of the blue my touchpad has decided that a three finger touch launches cortana and I have no way to change it. In my touch pad settings it says that a three finger tap is for middle click on the mouse, however it only launches cortana. I tried changing it in the synaptics driver setting but I do not have that tab in my mouse setting from the control panel. I feel like Ive tried everything but nothing is working. 

List of things ive tried

Updating driver

Finding a new driver on hps website

Looking through settings on device manager 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Glennnnnnnnn,

Mine seems to be identical except when I do a 3 finger "tap" which is gently touching the surface of the touchpad, it opens up Cortana whereas doing a 3 finger hard click on the trackpad seems to register as a middle click. 

In Windows Search, could you search up Synaptics TouchPad? Then go to Clickpad Settings, expand Tapping, and then deselect Three-Finger Tap.

I just tried it and that should do the trick.

Let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Glennnnnnnnn,

Mine seems to be identical except when I do a 3 finger "tap" which is gently touching the surface of the touchpad, it opens up Cortana whereas doing a 3 finger hard click on the trackpad seems to register as a middle click. 

In Windows Search, could you search up Synaptics TouchPad? Then go to Clickpad Settings, expand Tapping, and then deselect Three-Finger Tap.

I just tried it and that should do the trick.

Let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

Thank you that worked well enough. It's just strange to me that when I first bought my laptop a month ago it worked with the three finger tap as the middle click. But I think I'm brave enough to relearn it as a three finger click. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.