Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good Evening,

I have n HP Pavillion 15-cs3075wm and I need to install Micorosft .NET Framework 3.5 in order to install a needed application for work.

When I try to download and install the application, it fails with an exception code

Rebooting the laptop does not resolve the issue.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

Not sure how you are trying to do this, but the only way to install .Net Framework 3.5 in W10, is to go to the Windows control panel>programs>Turn Windows features on or off.

A window will open and a list will populate.  The first item that should show up is .Net Framework 3.5.

Check the box to install it and wait for the installation to complete.  It usually takes a couple-three minutes.

HP Recommended

Hey Paul,

Thanks....the first time I tried that...I got an Exception error and it didn't work. I am trying it again. It looks like I might have missed the check boxes in the drop down in Control Panel to turn it on.

I'll let you know how it goes.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Paul,

No go...

Windows Error Code 0x800F0950 - Which is not in the Microsoft Knowledge base Article, btw.

Reboots don't help.

HP Recommended

Sorry that didn't work for you.

I've always been able to install it that way.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul..

I was finally able to do it after I reset my Pavilion 15 back to factory settings and reinstalled all my applications and programs.

HP Recommended

Glad you were able to get it installed.

HP Recommended

@dtoback wrote:

Windows Error Code 0x800F0950 - Which is not in the Microsoft Knowledge base Article, btw.

https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/net-framework-3-5-error-0x800f0950-windows-10-dism/

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.