cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_es
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Unable to start up my laptop after doing a reset.

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop Model 15-cs0052cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I reset my HP Pavilion Laptop to clear space from it. Shortly after resetting, my laptop is now showing up with an error saying “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and then we’ll restart for you.” This screen has been showing for over 12 hours now and has not restarted or been resolved. The screen also says that it is “100% complete” and has a Stop code: Critical_Process_died. Is there anyway I can fix this

3 REPLIES 3
VladPav15
Level 3
36 34 2 5
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If that screen don't go away and no restarting then just press for 5-10 seconds the power button to force the laptop to close. After that wait for about 10 seconds and power it on.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Michael_es
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried this multiple times and the screen continues to show up exactly when “Windows installing” reaches 65%. The error continues to appear 

VladPav15
Level 3
36 34 2 5
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you still have the recovery partition, boot into recovery mode (usually is a special button for it to boot into bios/bootmenu/recovery etc, google it for your model) and reset the laptop to factory settings, then reinstall W10 again... 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation