Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

The laptop was sitting open and on, as my husband entered the room he saw that somebody was remotely accessing the computer!!!! They were moving the mouse and clicked on our Amazon icon. My husband took control of the mouse and the other 'person' was trying to snatch back control,  my husband tried ctl-alt-del and the other 'person' tried to stop him by trying to close the window, so my husband turned off the laptop with the button.
Who could have done this????

Our PC is plugged in to the internet and we dont have wifi in the house. The laptop is also permanently on flight mode. 

I can only conclude that this was someone at Dell.
He says this was a couple of days ago.

Please can someone at Dell get back to me and look into this.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Just to let you know this is a HP community, not Dell.

You say the PC " is plugged into the internet" so you could run some Antivirus software and see if there is any Malware on the computer.

It is highly unlikely that anyone at Dell would be able or would want to access your Computer.

Naturally, it could also be a software or even hardware problem where the cursor moves on its own.

Regards,

David

HP Recommended

Sorry, yes I mean HP not Dell. I do not know how to do this but will see if i can figure it out - you would think my anti virus software would stop something like this from happening. Would still like a reply from HP (not Dell) to check activity on our account.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.