Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP G60
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

So this is kind of a unique situation. Some of this info may be irrelevant but just to help you understand how i got to where i am at ill explain. I had a Compaq CQ60-615DX. I wanted to upgrade to the best processir availabke which was the T9600 CORE 2 DUO 2.8GHZ. In order to do this i needed the GM45 CHIPSET, so i ordered the used motherboard. Turns out it was out of an HPG60. When i swapped the board and dropped the new chip in, swapped the drives and started it up. Windows loaded but it would display a message that "Windows is not Genuine" . I assumed that it had to do with windows being installed on the old motherboard and some data not matching up. So i used the Windows 7 discs that came with the Compaq (Which says is for a new Compaq or HP Computer). After it installs it says that the install was not successful. In the log it says i had set a vista flag. Not sure what that means. Can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

The W10 activation is embedded on the (OLD) Main Board, so that covers that.

Buy a W10 licence or speak to Microsoft.

W7 Original Recovery Discs check things and the current setup obviously don't match.

So for W7 install disk I would try...

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-iso-download-tool

And rebuild from there.  NB: W7 may be missing drivers, like for USB boot etc.

HP Recommended

Are you saying W10 was activated on the board i just put in (hp g60) or the old compaq board i replaced? The old compaq board had W7, was never upgraded to W10. I used the discs that came with that board on the hp g60, which i assumed was also W7. But you are saying the hp g60 board had w10?

HP Recommended

No.

My mistake.

You don't seem to use paragraphs, to make easier reading.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.