Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unique situation. Recovery unsuccessful HPG60 with Compaq CQ60 discs

HP G60
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

So this is kind of a unique situation. Some of this info may be irrelevant but just to help you understand how i got to where i am at ill explain. I had a Compaq CQ60-615DX. I wanted to upgrade to the best processir availabke which was the T9600 CORE 2 DUO 2.8GHZ. In order to do this i needed the GM45 CHIPSET, so i ordered the used motherboard. Turns out it was out of an HPG60. When i swapped the board and dropped the new chip in, swapped the drives and started it up. Windows loaded but it would display a message that "Windows is not Genuine" . I assumed that it had to do with windows being installed on the old motherboard and some data not matching up. So i used the Windows 7 discs that came with the Compaq (Which says is for a new Compaq or HP Computer). After it installs it says that the install was not successful. In the log it says i had set a vista flag. Not sure what that means. Can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3
Professor
Professor
2605 2596 109 224
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

The W10 activation is embedded on the (OLD) Main Board, so that covers that.

Buy a W10 licence or speak to Microsoft.

W7 Original Recovery Discs check things and the current setup obviously don't match.

So for W7 install disk I would try...

Heidoc.pnghttps://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-iso-download-tool

And rebuild from there.  NB: W7 may be missing drivers, like for USB boot etc.

Little Boy Blue, come blow your horn.

Lil_Boy_Blue
0 Kudos
Jay5ive Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Are you saying W10 was activated on the board i just put in (hp g60) or the old compaq board i replaced? The old compaq board had W7, was never upgraded to W10. I used the discs that came with that board on the hp g60, which i assumed was also W7. But you are saying the hp g60 board had w10?

0 Kudos
Professor
Professor
2605 2596 109 224
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No.

My mistake.

You don't seem to use paragraphs, to make easier reading.

Little Boy Blue, come blow your horn.

Lil_Boy_Blue
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation