Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Absolutely, what ever is more comfortable to you.

Let me know how it turns out.

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I searched "This PC" for sp72320.  All it returned was the sp72320.exe downloaded file.

HP Recommended

Hmmm Strange. Well in that case we can still extract that folder using 7zip. and it will extract the folder and files that we can use. Download 7zip and then write click on the program, and extract to 'sp72320' and it will make the folder for you.

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi Phil,

I extracted from Downloads\HP Downloads    "Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver - sp72320.exe" using 7zip (never used this kind of zip extraction software before) and it created a folder named "Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver - sp72320".

I moved it to C:\ProgramData\Package Cache

I right clicked on Network Adapters / Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller / Update Driver Software

and browsed in my computer to the Realtek folder in Package Cache (I also checked the "include subfolders" box).

I got this message:  "Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date."

HP Recommended

Ok, I thought this may be the outcome. So there is only one last thing you can has the possiblity of resolving the issue. You can try downloading the driver directly from the manufacturer which may or may not be a more updated version of the realtek driver. If that does not work then the solution is most like that realtek needs to write a new driver for windows 10 before the issue is resolved.

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi Phil,

I appreciate all of your help and effort you have put into this.

How do you know that this unknown driver is related to Realtek?

Can you give me a better link to update the BIOS?

Thanks

HP Recommended

I know from reading articles of others that are showing the same device. And its not just realtek, its also the other network adapters from intel, and qualcomm as well. So I think this may be a new device that is utilized by windows 10 in some way but im not entirely sure.  What I do know is that it does not appear to causing any issues for the computers that this is showing up on. So I think as long as you are not having any usage or functionality issues with your PC you should not be too alarmed at the moment. I will post a new link to the drivers page here in a moment.

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-ENVY-15-u000-x360-Convertible-PC/6944194/model/71...

This is the link when I search for driver directly using the product number of your computer.

The BIOS on here shows F.26 Rev A for the notebook BIOS. It is right after Driver - Storage

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Perfect.  Thanks and have a good night.

HP Recommended

You as well, Take Care.

I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.