Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

In device manager what is your ethernet driver? intel, broadcom, realtek etc?

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

No problem Phil.  (I thought the expert day ended at 7:00 PM Pacific time?).

HP Recommended

Hi Phil,

Sorry for being so ignorant - what device should I look under in Device Manager?

HP Recommended

You are correct it does end at 7pm PST, but it ended for my Tech center at 4pm PST. No worries though, Im still at work so its no issue.

The device you are looking for is the gigabit ethernet driver under network adapters.

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

This is related to the lan drivers please update the lan driver to fix this issue form the HP website

I am an HP employee. The opinion expressed here are my personal opinions not of HP.
HP Recommended

Our ethernet adapter is "USB gigabit ethernet".  The driver provider is DisplayLink.  However, that computer is connected to a docking station and this, I think, is the driver for it.

Also, both computers have a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller.

HP Recommended

Line29,

Perfect, So go to this link:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-ENVY-15-u000-x360-Convertible-PC/6944194/model/71...

And download the Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver under network drivers.

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi Phil,

When attempting to do as you have instructed, I receive a message from HP indicating my computer already has this driver/file. 

HP Recommended

Hi Phil,

Also, were you ever able to determine if the BIOS is current?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Okay, 

1. Hold down Windows Key on keyboard+S, this should bring up the search bar.

2. Search for sp66233

3. Move this folder to the following directory In File Explorer, path C:\ProgramData\Package

4. Right click the realtek driver in device manager, select update driver software.

5. Select Browse my computer for driver software.

6. In the file path copy this directory path C:\ProgramData\Package

I may not be able to respond tonight as I get off work in 20 minutes.

But I will check back in the morning for updates on this.

I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.