Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
X0G38PA#AKL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Forum members,

I set up a new laptop for my mom, it's a 15-ba005AX. AMD A10 9600P Radeon R5 10 compute cores 4C + 6G.

Installed Win 10 x64 and HP support Assistant, but somehow these drivers do not get installed :smileysurprised:.

The device manager shows two unknown devices.

Tried to reinstall and remove, but no effect.

The properties show:

General: both devices:

Code 28 No drivers installed, there are no compatible drivers.

Details:

Unknown Device 1) ACPI\AMD0020\0
Unknown Device 2) ACPI\AMD0020\1

The laptop had some restarts and restart while restarting twice, showing a block/barcode with a message to contact, but couldn't register it at that moment, just got a glance of it..

Reinstalled the Radeon software and drivers for videocard, and no result.:smileyfrustrated:

Does anyone have some idea to help us further, how does it get any better than this?

Any help would be much apreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Greetz Trees & Oskar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The driver for the unknown device is included in the graphics driver file.

But I guess for some reason it doesn't automatically install.

So, what I have done is to pull that individual driver package out of the graphics driver file, zipped it up and attached it below.

Now you should be able to manually install the driver as follows.  Do this for both devices. 

As far as I can tell, they use the same driver.

Download and unzip the file I attached to its folder.  Don't do anything with the files in the folder.

Click on the first unknown device.  Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install.

Then do the same thing for the other one.

Once the drivers are both installed, restart the PC.

Here is a partial copy and paste of the driver setup information file, which shows support for the hardware ID's you posted...

[AMD.NTamd64]
%amduart.DeviceDesc%= amduart_Inst, ACPI\AMD0020

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The driver for the unknown device is included in the graphics driver file.

But I guess for some reason it doesn't automatically install.

So, what I have done is to pull that individual driver package out of the graphics driver file, zipped it up and attached it below.

Now you should be able to manually install the driver as follows.  Do this for both devices. 

As far as I can tell, they use the same driver.

Download and unzip the file I attached to its folder.  Don't do anything with the files in the folder.

Click on the first unknown device.  Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install.

Then do the same thing for the other one.

Once the drivers are both installed, restart the PC.

Here is a partial copy and paste of the driver setup information file, which shows support for the hardware ID's you posted...

[AMD.NTamd64]
%amduart.DeviceDesc%= amduart_Inst, ACPI\AMD0020

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thanks very much for your quick reply and your well described solution.

It worked great, installed the 'AMD UART Controller' twice.

Happy all fits again.:smileyvery-happy:

Greets Trees & Oskar

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.