Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy m6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi i need to acces advanced tab ptions in bios insyde f.36 but i don't know how to activate this tab. Can someone tell me how to do it?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HP consumer notebooks do not have this ability, only way is to hack the bios file and reflash the cmos, this is very dangerous and can brick the PC, now it can only be used for a door stop.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

You won't find a method to do that here.

I suggest trying one of the BIOS forums. 

https://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwif_pyzzabKA...

https://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwif_pyzzabKA...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

HP consumer notebooks do not have this ability, only way is to hack the bios file and reflash the cmos, this is very dangerous and can brick the PC, now it can only be used for a door stop.

HP Recommended

@lexynus wrote:

Hi i need to acces advanced tab ptions in bios insyde f.36 but i don't know how to activate this tab. Can someone tell me how to do it?

Thank you!

There is no such option available for you to do this. Other may use or mod their BIOS but this is Do at your Own Risk and will not get support from here if you do so.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
HP Recommended

I

@erico wrote:

You won't find a method to do that here.

I suggest trying one of the BIOS forums. 

https://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwif_pyzzabKA...

https://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwif_pyzzabKA...

made an account just to give you a thumbs up , and, especially after that first answer , why hinder inspiration with negitivity, i thot we all grew up knowing anything is possible

thanks for you response and im sure the hundreds i havent seen.

HP Recommended

You are very welcome. I agree with you. 

I have used a modified BIOS from the BIOS forums to remove restrictions on BIOSes before with great success.

The way it works with the BIOS mods is that the changes are made with a copy of the original BIOS.

That way you still ahve the original BIOS to flash the desktop back to if you want to.

The chances of  bricking your PC are not as great as the other member made it seem.  

Any flashing does come with a risk, but it isn't a huge risk 🙂

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

it doesn't help at all unlock bios for me with SIGNATURE !!!!
MODEL : (HP) COMPAQ CQ58
BIOS:INSYDEH2O

BIOS VERSION:F.29

BIOS SETUP NAMESmiley FrustratedP66770

TABS

MAIN

SECURITY

ADVANCED (HIDDEN AND MISSING OR LOCKED)

SYSTEM CONFIGURATION (SHOW, WITH LOCKED OPTIONS INSIDE LIKE SATA CONTROLLER)
POWER (LOCKED HIDDEN NOT ACCESSIBLE LIKE ADVANCED)
EXIT

unlock them please!!!!
i tried to flash modded bios with insydeflash and i get Signature error

i'm advanced user i know what i'm doing
unlock it !
i'm not gonna brick my laptop by wrong bios settings

i know what i'm doing i know all settings

they was unlocked before auto-bios update
after bios update advanced and power was gone !
i heard they are hidden or locked
sata controller too

if YOU/or hp don't unlock my bios i will never buy hp products and.
the bios update that locks options are stupid

i was using them for fan control and more sata controller
i have 3 windows on my computer BY THE BIOS UPDATE I CAN'T RUN 1 WINDOWS

WINDOWS 8

WINDOWS 7 (DEFAULT)
WINDOWS XP
I WAS USING THEM BUT NOW I CAN'T USE WINDOWS XP DUE TO SATA CONTROLLER OPTION LOCKED OR HIDDEN
Unlock them please! and tell me [personal information removed]
give me insydeflash with unlocked bios

HP Recommended

Hello friend. 

You said that your bios had advanced options before the automatic update?

If is that. Go to the HP DRIVERS page and  writhe at the search bar the exact model of your laptop.

You will see a full list of drivers. Scroll to the line BIOS. Click on it and you will see the newest available bios for your laptop, below that line are two boxes writen : DETAILS and PREVIOUS VERSIONS.

Click on the PREVIOUS VERSIONS box and you will see a full list of previous bioses for you laptop. Scroll down and find the oldest bios. Download, install and update your bios to it`s first version.

Hope this works for you friend. Best of lucks... 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.