Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems (KB4556799) - bluescreen

HP Recommended
HP ProBook 445R G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

2020-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems (KB4556799) (8)

Last failed install attempt on ‎21/‎05/‎2020 - 0x800f0845. Stop code:0x000021a

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 7
731 724 73 144
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

if you use google and search for  KB4556799 .... you understand that that cumulative update seems to have several issues.

bye

Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
23,461 23,401 2,160 5,091
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Voytek1 

Unfortunately, as @TryToDoMybest indicated, MS has a history of recent Win10 updates failing -- seems their rush to get out updates has lessened their error testing efforts such that installation problems are now becoming commonplace.

One approach that SOMETIMES works is downloading the specific update needed from MS and applying it manually.

Here is a link to a site where you can find and download these updates from Microsoft:  https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After reading all advises I have decided to postpone the update. Hope it is acceptable to wait for MS solving quality issues. Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

May be there's  drivers missing in your laptop. Try to use a device booster software such as DriverEasy to make sure all your drivers are up-to-date, then run the windows 10 update. Most of the times blue screen keep appearing due to out of date drivers. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
731 724 73 144
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

For this product HP has HP Image Assistant, which is specific for Business products.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation