Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Probook 450 G0
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been using Win 10 (1803) for a long period of time and forcely disabled windows 10 automatically update option. Because when pc automatically updated some drivers not working properly mainly graphics. 

Problem:

1: Heated up

2: Brightness always full, no option to reduce

3. Pc stut down itself instead of sleep. Normally, display goes off if I do not use for a certain period of time and wakes up instantly if I touch the mouse or press any key. But after update light off means shut down. 

What should I do now?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@EngrSiddique29 

This is the HP software page for your model: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-probook-450-g0-notebook-pc/5359405

You can see the video drivers have not been updated in years -- so there is a strong likelihood that if you FORCE an update to the current Windows version, the drivers will not work. IF you have an AMD video model, not Intel, the latest driver was from 2015.  There is nothing newer that HP has posted.

So, my suggestion is to check the version of the video driver you have and if there is a newer version on that page, download and install the newer version and see how that goes.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.