Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ExaLAPTOP-RLNOGRS8
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been trying to install MS update for several days.  It will begin the restart and then at the end say it was unable to perform updates.   I have tried all the tips from the virtual agent and have had zero success

Any ideas on what I can do?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@blakwatr 

Please provide us the version and build numbers for the Win10 OS that you are currently running.

To find that information, enter "winver" (without the quotes) in the Search area and report back what the window displays.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

winver.JPG

HP Recommended

@blakwatr 

The image is not displaying so please provide the information in text form.

HP Recommended

Windows 10

version 2004 (os build 19041.508)

HP Recommended

@blakwatr 

Thanks for the info ...

First, I would not be in any hurry to upgrade to v20H2 -- 19042.  The newest Windows version is having problems and you are better off, for now, with version 20H1 - 19041.

Second, here is a link to the Win10 Communty forums -- where you can look through the forum for the recent Windows Updates and download the updates yourself to run them locally: (9) Windows 10 News - Windows 10 Forums (tenforums.com)

The updates are cumulative, so you can download the update to build 746, for example, and run it without having to run the previous updates.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.