Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion TS 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

Hope you can help.

I am considering moving up from Win 10 to 11

It requires I have a secure boot of which I currently have UEFI Insyde F.20 03/14/2017 on main Operating System I have Boot Mode UEFI with successful Secure Boot.

Microsoft are saying I am not compatible to upgrade.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below are the system requirement links to get the upgrade to W11 via Windows update when it is released...

General specs:

Windows 11 System Requirements (microsoft.com)

Specific processor requirements:

Intel

Windows processor requirements Windows 11 supported Intel processors | Microsoft Docs

AMD:

Windows processor requirements Windows 11 supported AMD processors | Microsoft Docs

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

It seems mine does not fit being AMD A8-4555M APU  with Radeon HD Graphics

HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, you are correct regarding the processor not being supported, plus your notebook probably does not have a TPM 2.0 device.

You can check to see if it does by going to the device manager.

If there is a Security Devices category, the TPM 2.0 device would be listed there.

The Radeon HD graphics has to be DX12 capable.

Checking your version of DirectX (microsoft.com)

Using the instructions on the above link, you can see the DirectX version of my PC meets those requirements (last line of the report), but it does not have a supported processor or TPM 2.0.  The hardware version of my PC's TPM is 1.2.

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1633026088948.png

In any event, you should be able to run W11 on your PC but it won't be delivered via Windows update.

You will need to use an ISO file to install it.  I am currently running a test version of W11 on an older PC than yours and it works fine.

There are some folks out there who will figure out a way to bypass the hardware checks, no doubt.

W10 will continue to be supported into October of 2025, so it is not going away that soon.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.