Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6t-6000 CTO Quad Edition Entertainment Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have HP Pavilion dv6t-6000 CTO Quad Edition Entertainment Notebook PC which came with windows 7 loaded with it. Few months ago, i upgraded to windows 10. Having issues with that now want factory reset from windows 10 (upgraded)  to windows 7. How can we  do that as Hp recovery manager is not there. 

But yes i can still see 3 more drivers ( system, Recovery and HP tools)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@tipurmadan  If you don't have an HP Recovery media and have attempted reset using the windows troubleshooter or a retail copy of windows, you'll need to order a recovery media: Click here for steps.Or you may also attempt to download the same using the steps on this link: click here

For details on how to perform a successful reset: click here

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@tipurmadan  If you don't have an HP Recovery media and have attempted reset using the windows troubleshooter or a retail copy of windows, you'll need to order a recovery media: Click here for steps.Or you may also attempt to download the same using the steps on this link: click here

For details on how to perform a successful reset: click here

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the solution. Before trying it I have some question. 
As I told it came with windows 7 home premium and I upgraded to windows 10, if I prepare recovery USB, then if I do reset to factory settings, will it go back to windows 7 as original condition as it came when it was delivered? Or first I need to install windows 7 and then do the recovery ?

HP Recommended

@tipurmadan the recovery USB should take you back to Windows 7, if that doesn't work for any reason, please download a new copy from cloud or order one using the other link I sent,

Let me know if you need anything else.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi As per the comments:

"Currently, the tool supports consumer PCs manufactured in 2016 and later. Earlier computers are being added on an ongoing basis. If you purchased your computer before 2016, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads for other available recovery options.

To determine if your model is supported, go to HP PCs - HP Cloud Recovery Tool Supported Platforms"
1. When i tried first link :- It opened the software and drivers for 'Omen by HP 17-an 100 laptop PC' ,  i manually changed the OS by entering my serial number (HP Pavilion dv6t-6000 CTO Quad Edition Entertainment Notebook PC) but it did not found any drivers for my laptop.
2. When i tried 2nd link to know if my model is supported. It showed me result as "not available" when i searched with my product id.

So i am stuck without recovery media and i cannot order it as due to this corona crisis, i went out of United states for some months. 

My Question now is :- I Still have RECOVERY(D:) Drive of 15. 4 GB which is 1.88 GB free and rest is occupied.I never formatted that drive till date. ALso have one SYSTEM drive(E:) of 198 MB and 158 MB free and HP_TOOLS(F:) Drive of 99.3 MB and 85 MB free. 
Can i prepare my recovery USB from these drives? I have kept those drive till date thinking it will be useful in future for some recovery thing. Not sure how to use those driver for recovery. If they are of no use, then i can format those and partition again to make use of it, otherwise if i can use them anyhow to create USB recovery or directly do recovery by those drives, please tell me. it will be helpful

Thank you so much 
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.