Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15m-bp100 x360 Convertible PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

After upgrading windows 10 to Fall Creator Update version 1709, my audio drivers are not working. There is no sound and sound icon is blinking like having troubling. When I use troubleshoot , it shows that no sound device is plugged. I tried to reinstall derivers but HP Recovery Manager shows that the feature has disabled in this version of windows 10. I don't know how to fix it. So Help Please!

Thanks.

My Device is HP Envy 15-bp100 x360

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This is the html file for that update. It lists many different models it is compatible on:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp81001-81500/sp81254.html

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

There should be an update for HP Recovery Manager on your driver page. Unfortunately the HP site is giving me problems tonight and I can't get to your driver page. Will try again tomorrow if nobody else jumps in to help

Or you can try to reach it. Get your Product Number to search since it is more accurate than model number. Easiest way to get that info- minimize all open windows so you can see your desktop screen. Next hold the fn key and press esc key.

Once you have the info, use the button at top of this page titled "Support",  click "Software and Drivers" from the menu. On the next page click "Personal Computing", next page enter your Product Number. After entering  click 'Find' button. On the next page be sure correct OS is selected-if not click Change to edit .A list will populate with drivers/software.

HP Recommended

Thanks for reply,

It's recommending for HP  support assistant but Hp support assistant is not showing any update yet.

HP Recommended

Hi

I dont want to tread on Cheryl_G toes, and I am struggling to understand what you want.

Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver - Kaby Lake-R (Windows 10 v1703)

system software Manager Icon
6.0.1.8184 Rev.A207.0 MBJul 20, 2017Download

So I  will offer the above and await her timely intervention to correct me up.

HP Recommended

Thanks Man, It Solved about 70% of my problem...

Now HP Recovery Manager has disabled TWO of it's option:

1: Reinstalling Drivers / apps

2:  Windows Recovery Invironment

and showing message that the features have been disabled because this version of Windows 

(1709) doesn't support this. 

How can I fix this now... ?

thanks for helping !

HP Recommended

Not sure why there isn't an update posted on your page to fix Recovery Manager. As you can see in this link- my Spectre has the update. Read under "Fixes". It did indeed fix it on mine:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-spectre-13-ac000-x360-convertible-pc/1...

HP Recommended

This is the html file for that update. It lists many different models it is compatible on:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp81001-81500/sp81254.html

HP Recommended

Thanks so much Man !!! you saved my day !!! really appreciable !!! Thanks to all above too !!! keep helping like that !

HP Recommended

Prego.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.