Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Notebook K8Y43AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After Windows 10 latest major update (occurred 5/21/17) right after boot of system, this error message occurs: 

AccelerometerSt.exe system error.  The code execution cannot proceed because VCRuntime140.dll was not found.  Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

Question: Is Accelerometer an HP provided software application?  If so how do I fix this problem?  What is Accelerometer's purpose?

Thank you  for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only other suggestion I can offer would be to follow the guidance from David below...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/AccelerometerSt-exe-System-Erro...

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi:

Normally, all you need to do to resolve the problem is to install the newest version of the 3D driveguard driver and restart the PC.

Receives notifications from the integrated accelerometer and automatically parks the hard drive to reduce the risk of damage if the PC is accidentally dropped.

6.0.41.1 Rev.A      Oct 11, 2016

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77501-78000/sp77869.exe

HP Recommended

Does it in any way affect video/audio streaming?

thank you

HP Recommended

It would have no effect on that function.

I posted the driver description as to what the 3D driveguard hardware does.

HP Recommended

I deinstalled drive guard through control panel/programs.  I then downloaded same from HP support site.  Installed as directed. rebooted. it didn't work. getting same message. would there be anything else you could suggest?  thank you

HP Recommended

Hi:

The only other suggestion I can offer would be to follow the guidance from David below...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/AccelerometerSt-exe-System-Erro...

HP Recommended

Very interesting result.  First, the process I first followed has the same steps as the one he suggests.  So I repeated the uninstall and restart (which is part of the original process).  I allowed it to restart.  Then I cleaned out temp files.  Then I SHUT DOWN.  Restarted, went to his link and downloaded the 3D app.  Allowed it to install and voila- it worked.  BUT- upon looking at the two app files- the one I downloaded first and then the one I downloaded via his link- I discovered that even though they're named the same, they are two different sizes.  And they loaded slightly differently when installing them.  I got the first app (which gave negative result) from HP site- in my laptop's specific updates available area on their website.  My update didn't work- HIS link lead me to the one that did.

Thank you for following through with this for me.

Pat

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Thanks for letting me know the results.

I guess from now on I will suggest the driver file that David posted, rather than the one I have been posting, which has worked for the majority of forum members.

I'd rather recommend one that works for everyone.

HP Recommended
Sir this works and resolve all problems...
HP Recommended

Why isn't HP issuing an update patch to users? Why do I have to go through these steps as it is a known issue?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.