Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Surface Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My surface laptop is painfully slow.  Please advise.  Following are the specs.:

1. Installed Ram - 8.0 GB (7.47 GB usable)

2. System type - 64-bit operating system, x64 based processor

3. Processor - AMD A9-9425 RADEON R5, 5 Compute Cores, 2c+3G, 3.10 GHz

I have a touch screen.  I can't take it! And to use MS TEams or Zoom and wait for it, is so frustrating.

What can I do to make this laptop run faster?  This is my personal Laptop, I ordered the same specs. as my work laptop; my work laptop is 5x faster (it seems.).

Thank you all, hoping you can help!🤞

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Kelli500 

A Surface Laptop is a Microsoft product, not HP.  We do not provide support here for Microsoft products.  You would have to contact Microsoft Support for that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.  

I stand corrected, thank you WAWood!

My laptop is in fact an HP and not a MS Surface; however I do use Office 365 (I was confused).

My HP Laptop is painfully slow. I bought my personal laptop based upon my work laptop's specs., which is also an HP. However, like I previously mentioned, my home laptop is so frustratingly slow. I use 2 screens, multitask like crazy on this and the spinning wheel and lag time is killing me.  

My specs are:

• Processor: AMD A9-945 Radeon R5, 5 Compute Cores 2C+3G, 3.10 GHz
  • Installed RAM: 8GB, 7.47 usable
  • System Type: 64 - bit operating system, x64 - based processor
  • Pen & touch: Touch support with 10 touch points
  • I'm running Windows 10 Home; V 20H2

Any recommendations to make this laptop process quicker without buying a new laptop? Thank you!

HP Recommended

@Kelli500 

I think the 20H2 might be the issue -- did it come with that preloaded, or did you update it yourself?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.