Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP2000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi HP

I am trying a proof of concept idea and I have an older laptop, HP2000 from 2013, I am trying to use VirtualBox on my Hp2000 and all I get are 32bit options, according to systeminfo

Hyper-V requirements:  VM Monitor mode extensions: NO

Virtualization enabled in Firmware: No

Second Level Address Translation: NO

Data execution Prevention: YES

How do I get VirtualBox to accept 64bit operating systems? Not sure what to do, watched a ton of youtube video and tried a bunch of things...

I set in the bios the legacy support to: ENABLE, if I switch to DISABLE, it does not find the installed hard drive.. Could this be the issue???

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

>   I have an older laptop, HP2000 from 2013,

Windows 10 was released to the public in 2015.

Is your computer running a 64-bit operating system? Windows 7, or upgraded to Windows 10 after 2015?

> all I get are 32bit options, according to systeminfo

> Hyper-V requirements:  VM Monitor mode extensions: NO

> Virtualization enabled in Firmware: No

> Second Level Address Translation: NO

> Data execution Prevention: YES

Can you boot into BIOS Setup, and enable virtualization? Given the vintage of the computer, it might not even be an option.

> How do I get VirtualBox to accept 64bit operating systems?

There is a 32-bit version of Windows 10. Is that the OS that you are trying to install?

Note that Windows 10 64-bit requires a minimum of 2GB of RAM. In your case, how much "real" RAM does your hardware have?  Hopefully, you have at least 4 GB (2 GB for the "real" OS, and another 2GB for the virtual OS to use).

If not HyperV, maybe try the Oracle VM hypervisor ?

> I set in the BIOS  the legacy support to: ENABLE, if I switch to DISABLE, it does not find the installed hard drive.. Could this be the issue???

No.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.