Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 350 G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Updated the laptop with new SSD and after 4 or5 restarts it don’t wont to boot.

Message on the screen to boot with a W7 disk and running system repair.

Lost my recovery CD for this laptop and need to download an HP OEM installation disk.

Any idea how to download one?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@arnsteinke 

HP does not provide any download sites -- so you have to go outside HP.

You can try the information below .. but I don't know if they still carry the ISO files anymore:  

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-iso-download-tool

Download the tool, run it, and do the following:
1) Select Windows 7 at the upper right
2) Under Select edition, if you were running Home Premium, select the Home Premium SP1 COEM
3) Click the Confirm button
4) This tool will then check the product code in your PC, and if it is OK it will put up another link allowing you to download the image file.
5) Select the product language, click confirm button
6) Select either the 64-bit or 32-bit download
7) Save the file

Once you have this, you have a choice of media to create:
1) If you can boot from CD, download and install ImgBurn and use the Write Image to Disk option to create a bootable DVD.
2) If you can boot from USB, download and install RUFUS and use the option to create a bootable USB stick from the ISO file.

You will most likely need to use the product key printed on the sticker (inside the battery compartment if not on the case) to activate the OS. If the product key is invalid, or if you need a different Win7 version, then you are out of luck as this tool is limited.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi, @arnsteinke 

W7 x64 recovery media is not available as a free download from HP for your model PC.

If you live in the USA/Canada, call HP at:  1-800-334-5144

They sent me W7 recovery media for my HP 350 G1 a couple of years ago when I called that number.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your quick repply.

I got W7 Pro does that matter?

HP Recommended

Thank you Paul_Tikkanen.

I live in Norway so I cant use that sorce.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I ordered W7 Pro from HP.

The Heidoc site hasn't worked in the last couple of weeks, and you get an error when you select any W7 ISO file to download.

Also you would need a W7 product key to use their ISO files.

HP Recommended

You can call HP in Norway at:  800 62 800

Their hours are M- F 08:00 to 17:00

HP Recommended

Hi again, @arnsteinke 

I was thinking that if you don't absolutely have to have W7 Pro, you can install W8.1 Pro for free as follows, if your notebook came with W7 Pro from HP.  There is a W8.1 Pro product key in the notebook's BIOS which gave you downgrade rights to W7 Pro.

Install W8.1 by creating the Microsoft installation media, using another Windows PC, if yours is not working...You want W8.1 Pro 64 bit.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8ISO

Only if you are asked to enter a product key during the installation process, use this generic key.

This is the generic key for W8.1 Pro:

XHQ8N-C3MCJ-RQXB6-WCHYG-C9WKB

If you had to enter the generic key, manually change the generic product key to the W8.1 key in your PC's BIOS in the PC settings menu.

After you get W8.1 installed, and you had to manually enter the W8.1 generic product key, you will need to run the free utility I zipped up and attached below, that will show you show the W8.1 product key in your PC's BIOS.

I have also zipped up and attached below, the Microsoft tool which hopefully will transfer the ISO file to a DVD or usb flash drive so it is bootable.

Then you can install the available drivers and software from your PC's support page.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-350-g2-notebook-pc/6943794

Then if you want to upgrade to W10 Pro, you may still be able to do that for free...see this link...

https://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade/

HP Recommended

Thanks for alls advice.

Case solved by asking HP Norway for new DVDs.

Problematic to reach then as no phone number on web or at the number information is correct.

Their number in Norway is : 23502019 or 85500300

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad you were able to contact HP in Norway and get a set of W7 recovery disks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.