Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-ba0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Two days ago I left my laptop outside overnight and unfortunately it started raining. The water was mainly on the top of my laptop with a little bit on the bottom, none were on the keyboard. The next morning I dried the outside of my laptop and turned it on again (now after researching I realized that was a big mistake), it was working but there were two circles on my screen and my mouse was glitching a little bit, after a while they were gone and I could use it as normal again. However, after I turned it off and left it overnight it wasn’t able to turn on again. I opened the bottom of my laptop to reveal the motherboard and also opened the screen, I didn’t take out my batteries and everything else because I was afraid that I would damage something even more. There wasn’t a bit of water in it, so I just cleaned the dust on the motherboard and batteries, ect. and left it to dry by a fan incase there was any water still. After drying for a day I tried turning it on again but it still wasn’t working. 

Is there anything else I can do to get it to work? Or is it just dead forever.

Any help would be much appreciate! 🙂

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Linda130 

You're right, you should NOT have turned it back on even though you did not see any water.

It's most likely that SOME damage was done, regardless of how quickly you turned off the laptop and what you did afterward. The key problems are only the surface and almost certainly, more damage was done than that.

The ONLY way to know for sure is to take or send it to an HP Service Center and pay a LOT of money for them to run full diagnostics on it, and after that, to disassemble it to repair or replace any damaged components.

And, if the motherboard is damaged, the cost of repair can easily exceed the cost of replacing the laptop -- because (as far as I know) liquid spill damage is NOT covered under the warranty.

Since you live outside the U.S., here is a link to HP Service Centers, by Country/Region: https://support.hp.com/in-en/service-center

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.