Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre X360 13-aw0031ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After a fresh install of Windows and installing all HP drivers from HP's website, the function-key and webcam killswitch animation are still missing. How can I get that nice animation working again? 

Here two pictures of an example of what animations I mean.

Please, someone out there, can help me with this?

killswitch animation on.jpegkillswitch animation off.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@04M04 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing issue with webcam.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Please provide the correct product number.

In the meantime, perform the below steps and check.

On the right-hand side of the laptop, you will find the camera privacy switch. Please turn off. As shown below.

Then launch the camera and check.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi, I have tried to switch on and off the killswitch and I checked what happens. The cam turns on and off, but the sweet little Animation that responds to the action is still missing.

The product id is 8UC36EA#ABD and the Model is 13-aw0031ng. 

Thanks for help. 🙂

HP Recommended

@04M04

Thank you for the update.

To resolve this issue, download and install all Windows Updates, or perform the following steps to install them manually:

1. Click Start.

2. Click the Settings icon.

3. From Windows Settings, click Update & Security > Windows Update.

4. Click Check for updates. Windows Update will download and install the drivers automatically (a restart may be required).

Have a  nice day!!

HP Recommended

That didn't help.

HP Recommended

@04M04

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggest you contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.