Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 Bwoxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. So I bought a new HP laptop today and I'm looking through some of the programs and I was wondering what I can safely uninstall/what they do. I'm not familiar with these.

The programs in question are:

HP Audio Switch

HP Connection Optimizer

HP Jump Start Apps

HP Jump Start Bridge

HP Jumt Start Launch

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi tomstar,

HP Audio Switch

It's just an application for switching the audio output or microphone but you can do that manually through Windows Sound settings. A bit useless in my honest opinion.

HP Connection Optimizer

I recommend keeping it as it provides wireless connections, Bluetooth, etc. 

All things related to HP Jumpstart

Mostly bloatware. I would only recommend it to users who are unfamiliar with computers and want to use HP's bundled software.

Hope this helps,

Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi tomstar,

HP Audio Switch

It's just an application for switching the audio output or microphone but you can do that manually through Windows Sound settings. A bit useless in my honest opinion.

HP Connection Optimizer

I recommend keeping it as it provides wireless connections, Bluetooth, etc. 

All things related to HP Jumpstart

Mostly bloatware. I would only recommend it to users who are unfamiliar with computers and want to use HP's bundled software.

Hope this helps,

Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

Thanks kem579!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.