Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15 - rb098nk

Hi everyone

I just bought a new HP Notebook, with an AMD A4-9120 dual core processeur (2.2 GHZ to 2.5GHZ) and an AMD Radeon R3 graphic card.

It came as FreeDos, I installed Windows 10 64bit on it but it was very slow and the fan made a lot of noise always turned on, so installed windows 7 32 bit and all the problems went away, now I'm thinking about upgrading to Windows 10 again and I was wondering what would be the best version to use and should install 32bit or 64 bit?

Waiting for your answers and thank you

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Hichem11 

Win10 is not going to work any better now than it did when you first used it.

As to versions of Win10, the current is 1903 but 1909 will be out on or about the 12th of November -- and the differences between 1909 and 1903 are basically trivial, so there's not much to be gained by upgrading.

However, MS forces you to upgrade because they stop supporting older versions of Win10.  For example, v1703 is no longer supported.  So, if you do go with 1903, a couple years down the road, they will stop supporting it.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

What I meant is should i install 32 or 64? And should Thei go with home or pro? windows 7 which Worked very well was 32 bbit

HP Recommended

@Hichem11 

If your processor is 64-bit, then 64-bit OS is the way to go.  It also allows the use of more memory, but if your PC only has 4GB, while 32-bit won't allow you to use ALL of that, it will allow you to use MOST of it.

As to Home or Pro, the latter has very few additional features so if you don't need them, Home will suffice.

But -- and this is IMPORTANT -- not all older Win7 PCs fare well in Win10, and if yours did not when you tried it earlier, it is not going to fare any better now, in fact, it might do worse.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.